12 Apr 2010 Interior Design Trends
In our home decor in the coming year of 2010 you will be inspired by the following trends.
The living rooms will be showcasing distressed leather ottomans and vintage coffee t ables. Rich, earthy color tones for rugs will be used to anchor areas of the room. Simple, understated sofas and chairs with clean lines and minimal detailing will take center stage in designing the area. If you are limited on space than modular furniture is an option asa 2010 design trend. Curvy couches will definitely make a statement in a living room for home interior design. Oversized pillows will be covered in bright colors such as green, yellow, and bold red while chairs and slipcovers will be mainly made by using eco friendly fabrics.The home decor main trends for 2010 will be as follows:
1. Adventurous design and craft: layering fabrics, textures, accessories. Think of large bold graphic patterns and lots of pattern mixing to achieve this trend.
2. Nature inspired design: “green” products, using colors in a palette that areinspired by nature. Think of using colors or materials that remind you of the sea, sky, or trees. An interesting lamp may achieve this trend.
3. Bohemian style: ethnic mix, funky, edgy. These are items that arehand crafted and have a lot of color or pattern to them. Think of using some throw pillows on a neutral colored couch.
4. Dramatic style: lots of black and white, mirrors, crystal, metallic and shimmer. Using accessories around the room would achieve this inspired look.
5. Vintage: 1940’s looks, Hollywood style, integrating pieces of history into a room design. An antique side table would accomplish this trend.
Consider updating your home with some of these designs in the upcoming year.