12 Apr Hiring an Interior Designer…do you really need to
When you look at fabrics and paint there are so many choices that you don’t know where to start?
Do you start by buying a couple of nice pieces and then don’t know what to do with them?
Have you seen pictures in magazines of the look you desire but don’t know how to implement it?
Do you feel overwhelmed with all of the decisions to make when coordinating the interior of your home? These are questions to ask yourself if you need to hire a professional interior designer. An interior designer can offer the final fit and finish of rooms and how they relate to each other with the respect to color and texture and the interior finishes. These are a few helpful tips to consider when hiring an interior designer:
- Research several interiordesigners
- Be clear about your expectations. Ask yourself do you really need professionalhelp?
- Check their qualifications. How long have they been practicing as an interiordesigner?
- Check their work and references. Ask the interior designer about the time projects took and
- Review their letter of agreement or contract. Check it for the fees to be paid to the interior designer and how and when the fees are to be paid.
- Establish a budget. Make sure your budget includes the design fees, taxes, delivery charges, and other costs, so you don’t end up overspending.
- Be prepared for the unexpected. When demolishing existing interiors, surprises can be found that will take longer and can cost more. Establish a contingency fund for the
- Listen to the professional. Remember you hired an interior designer for their options and opinions so listen to themand their suggestions. It will save you time and
When venturing to hire an interior designer consider these suggestions and enjoy the process with them to create the home of your dreams.